In this article, I'm going to explain some of the mastering techniques I use in rock music. Before and after rock samples, and a few client testimonials are near the bottom of the page.
Every month since 1999, I master between 80-100 Rock, Heavy Metal, Hard Rock, Classic Rock, Punk Rock, and Pop Rock songs. That's 80-100 every month! I'm highly experienced and very skilled in these styles of music. I would say Rock is the genre of music I've worked on the most in my career. At least every other day I'm working on a Rock music project for a client.
If I work with you on your project, when it's all said and done your music will sound the very best it can (at any price)!
Do You Know If Your Mix Is Right?
This is very important because if your mix is poor, your mastering result will be too. Unfortunately, 95% of the online Rock mastering companies aren't going to tell this. They'll master what you submit, and if there are any errors in your mix, they just master it and give you back a CD full of crappy quality songs. Legally scamming you out of your time and money.
Here at JR mastering, I review every song before I master it. And if there are any major errors in your mix, I tell you how to fix them. This rare (unheard of) service I provide is the only way you're going to get great mastering results, and that's my goal for your project!
I Understand Rock, Hard Rock, Heavy Metal, Punk Rock, And Classic Rock
I've worked with over 2,000 satisfied clients in these styles of music since 1999. Check out some of my testimonials at the bottom of this page.
- Each sub-genre of rock has its own sonic qualities. Classic rock, I want a nice soft analog sound, with a lot of dynamic range, with a lower overall volume level. Metal/Hard Rock, I leave as much dynamics as I can, but I need overall clarity and power in the guitars. I also need the guitars to have a nice tone with some bite. And of course, I need the overall loudness to match the current songs on the radio. Punk rock is a little in-between both.
- My Rock compression techniques will smooth out your songs, without killing dynamics or distorting them.
- The volume level of your songs will match that of a commercial industry standard Rock song on the radio.
- You'll be able to crank your songs up loud without them breaking up and burning your ears.
- All the songs in your project will sound sonically consistent and they'll be the same volume level from song to song.
If You Would Like Me To Master Your Music
Check Out My Pricing Page To Get Started!
Email me if you have any questions.
Here Are A Few Rock Mastering Samples
Hard Rock Mastering
Hard Rock Mastering
Punk Rock Mastering